Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge Facts
- 860,000 acres total
- The third largest Refuge in the lower 48
- 803,418 acres in designated Wilderness
- 60 miles long by 36 miles wide
- Highest elevation about 3300 ft.
- Lowest elevation about 740 ft.
- Number of confirmed plant species: 391
- Number of animal species: over 300
- Most of the vegetation type is classified as Colorado Subdivision ("Colorado Desert") of the Sonoran Desert
- Designated as a Refuge in 1939
- Mountain Ranges: Growler, Granite, Bryan, Mohawk, Agua Dulce, Sierra Pinta, Tule, Cabeza Prieta, Childs, Antelope Hills
- Estimated annual rainfall ranges from 8 inches in the east to 2 or 3 inches in the west
Copyright Creative Commons
HTML & Programing by
Thomas R. Powell